Well, it looks like Spring has come and the cold weather is gone until next year. That is not the case where I live. After the better part of a week in the double digits, the temperature is looking pretty cold over the next few days and these Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs are a sure win for everyone in your family.
We know all the rage over the last few months has been hot chocolate bombs and recently those big breakable chocolate hearts. Once a couple of people get into it seems everyone jumps on the bandwagon so of course, we had to give them a try too!
Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs are the perfect way to warm up on the chilly days ahead and I know my kids can’t wait to get drinking this amazingly tasty beverage. I prefer to let the kiddos have a Caramel Hot Chocolate Bomb after they eat lunch so whatever sugar rush they do have, gets out of them before dinner and definitely before bedtime as God knows with the 5 littler ones, bedtime is quite the fiasco on a good night.
Making these Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs is a breeze and it is a great way to bond with the little chef in your house as well. Enough chatter from me though, let’s get to this!
Makes 6 bombs | Prep time: 30 minutes | Setting time: 4 hours
- 1 12-ounce package milk chocolate chips
- 1 packet instant cocoa mix
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup caramel bits
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles
- 6 cups hot milk to make the bombs
- Round silicone mold
- Place the milk chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate chips are fully melted.
- Put a spoonful of melted chocolate inside one cup on the silicone mold and use the back of the spoon to spread the chocolate up the sides of the mold. Continue this process until all the molds are coated.
- Set the remaining chocolate aside for sealing and decorating the bombs.
- Allow the chocolate to set completely, around 2 to 3 hours. You can speed up the process by placing the chocolate in the refrigerator.
- When the chocolate is set, remove each of the chocolate pieces from the mold. Add a small amount of instant hot cocoa mix to half the pieces and top the hot cocoa mix with caramel bits and mini marshmallows.
- Reheat the chocolate in 15-second intervals until melted. Pick up an empty chocolate piece and dip the edges into the melted chocolate. Carefully place it on top of a filled piece and lightly press it into place. Use your finger to smooth melted chocolate around the seam. Continue until all the chocolate bombs are sealed.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the bombs and decorate with caramel bits and chocolate sprinkles.
- Allow the chocolate decorations to set before using, around 1 hour.
- To make the hot chocolate bombs, place the bomb in the bottom of a mug. Pour one cup of hot milk over the top of the bomb to melt the chocolate. When the chocolate is completely melted, stir to combine.
There you have it! Pretty simple and the kids just love them! Now we wait for the next big trend!